BACKGROUND TO ME

BACKGROUND TO ME: 3 THINGS



1) A piece of my own creative work: Re-model of upstairs work place.


This is an image of the upstairs area that I have recently designed for my workplace. I needed to incorporate certain storage elements and display facilities to house and show our products. This is my first taste of Sketch-up. 


2) A great piece of Architecture: Casa Mila, Barcelona, Spain


This is a photo of Antoni Gaudi's famous Casa Mila. Originally a multi-level residential building commissioned by the wealthy Pere Mila. I visited it in May of 2019 and was lucky enough to get a comprehensive tour inside. What astounds me is the thought and rational behind every design choice, making it not only aesthetically pleasing, but also very practical.

3) An original photograph of something beautiful: 


This is a photograph of a lemon plant in my garden. The fruit is not yet ripe. I think there is something unconventionally beautiful about the potential of growth. The spider web on the top left corner signifies an obstacle the plant will need to overcome to blossom and develop into the traditional meaning of 'beauty'.

Comments

Popular Posts